Saturday, April 30, 2005

Day 4 and we're on the final leg of our journey. As soon as we breakfast, argue about an excessive pet charge, and load up the car, we're off. Excessive pet charge? There wasn't supposed to be a charge for pets at all. Sometime between the time HTP and I made our reservations and the time we got here, the hotel changed hands and added a pet fee. A whopping huge pet fee. We've never paid a pet fee unless absolutely necessary and then it's a small one or refundable. I mean, our dogs are tiny and they stay in a kennel. They aren't romping on the beds. The room was nice. I enjoyed the jacuzzi. The mattress was so fantastic that HTP and I are thinking of getting one too. But the fee for the dogs just doesn't warrant staying here again. I'm sure kids who stay for free damage a lot more rooms then my dogs who have to stay in their kennel.

If we can get the internet up and running tonight at the lake, I'll let you all know how the battle for the pet fee turned out. Oh...and the coffee in the room (Maxwell House) tastes awful. Blech! I hope the coffee in the lobby tastes better. I need my coffee...I'm even drinking this stuff.

****

We're Here!

We're at the lake! OK....back up. I need to catch you all up.

HTP challenged the pet fee when he checked us out of the hotel. They caved. No pet fee. Yes! And here HTP had all these arguments that he wasn't even able to use. Poor HTP.

I was driving so I don't have too many saved up impressions to pass along to you. Just driving and nothing too interesting. We stopped for gas in Clear Lake, Iowa. It started to snow. Amazing really. The temperature outside was 44°F and it was snowing. Of course, it melted as soon as it hit the ground but those white flakes weren't coming from my scalp.

It snowed on and off from Clear Lake until we hit the Twin Cities. We hooked up with #1 son and took him out to lunch and then shopping. He wanted to purchase cupcake fixings and cookware. We stopped at Target and then Rainbow. I decided to hold off shopping for Lake groceries until we got to Rice Lake. We returned #1 son to his dorm and continued on our way. No sooner then we reached White Bear Lake, we got a call on the cell phone. #1 son forgot a bag full of his Target treasures (much needed cookware for cupcake baking). We returned to #1 son's dorm to drop off the bag of treasures. And then...back on the road again.

We stopped in Rice Lake for groceries and...shock, gasp....they actually fit into our car. I only bought the basics. We arrived at The Lake at around 8 PM. It was still light out. I was able to see that the crocus bulbs that I planted last fall were starting to bloom. Oh...and the violas that were guaranteed to bloom in the spring are blooming. Woohoo!

We unpacked the car. I fed the dogs but when I tried to get them some water...the water wasn't working. HTP fixed the problem. The circuit braker for our bump wasn't on. Easy fix. We have water. Brown...but it's still wet. We ran the water to get the brown out but that'll take a few days yet. That's what Yellow Out is for . The dogs don't care if the water they drink is brown. I just won't do laundry. Oh gee...what a hardship!

HTP hooked up our TV and then started to work on our internet connection. The TV works. The DSL will take a bit longer. We're borrowing my Dad's dial-up modem connection until DSL can connect. Wednesday? Oh well...at least I can blog. Slowly.

It's actually really, really, late here. I'm not even making sense at this point. I'm all unpacked. I still have a whole bunch of cleaning to do. Tomorrow. Lots to do tomorrow. But right now? I'm off to bed.

Murphyism of the Day

Drew's Law of Highway Biology

The first bug to hit a clean windshield lands directly in front of your eyes.

No comments: