Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Just A Single Wake Up Before We Leave For Wisconsin

Word of the Day

Aisle Ten: The location of everything and anything. First used at a local grocery store with aisles one to nine, where a customer asked for the location of an item the store employee isn't familiar with, the customer was directed to Aisle Ten. Aisle Ten can now be used in response to any question you don't know that answer to.

With only a single wake up left before we hit the road on our return journey to Wisconsin, I am frantically packing, doing laundry (it's Tuesday), and adding and deleting items from my list. I've got two suitcases open on my bed which I'm filling to overflow capacity. I have two boxes filled and ready to go in the kitchen. I have another box mostly filled here in my bedroom. As I fold the laundry, I'm sorting and putting freshly laundered items in the appropriate suitcases. I don't think I'll be needing shorts for a while so those won't go into the suitcase I plan to bring in each night.

I still have to drain the fountain today and rescue the goldfish. My neighbor told me that she'd goldfish sit for me....that is...if I can actually rescue them. Right now they are staying least in sight. I'll have to do something about that next year. What's the point in having goldfish if you never see them?

I have to clean and clear the fridge. Again, my neighbor is going to take our overstocked perishables. If we hadn't gone to Vegas, I would have been able to use up all these eggs. On the other hand, I don't regret going to Vegas.

The dogs have to visit the vet. And we have to return our cable boxes. The mail is being forwarded. And on the other end, in Wisconsin, they promised us that they'd hold the mail. We don't want to have the mail make endless loops across the United States. Arizona to Wisconsin and back to Arizona again to Wisconsin. I think we've covered all our bases.

Update on the Goldfish Situation

We finally had to pull the plug on the fountain and wait until most of the water drained out in order for me to rescue the goldfish. Finally, three of them scooted out from their cave in the pump cave. As I grabbed two of them, one of them scooted back into the cave. It tried to commit suicide rather then allow me to rescue it. Hah! I got it out anyway! I sure hope there were only three goldfish. I scoured the fountain clean and didn't see anymore trapped in the cave. Carefully, I took the huge bowl, with its three occupants, over to my neighbors' house. I hope the neighbors still talk to me when we get back. At least goldfish don't bark.

Murphyism of the Day

Worker's Dilemma

1. No matter how much you do, you'll never do enough.

2. What you don't do is always more important than what you do do.

No comments: