Friday, April 08, 2005

Eighteen Days and a Wake Up Before We Leave For Wisconsin

Word of the Day

Abodeaceous: A glorious and affordable form of rental accommodation amidst otherwise overpriced and substandard rental abodes on the market.

I really tried to blog yesterday. I wrote my blog. I got it all set. I hit the publish button and ....nothing. All of a sudden Blogger didn't exist. For 12 hours I tried to post my blog and I got that horrible black and white page that tells you that you can't pull up that website. Try again later. Oh well. I posted yesterday's blog this morning and reset the calendar so it looks like I posted it yesterday.

I'm not sure if we're having workmen come today or not. I checked my list and it looks like someone needs to look at our roof yet. The Kool-deck removal crew still needs to finish their job. I'm still not holding my breath.

HTP had to fix our fountain this morning. The top basin refused to hold the water because the caulking had all dried out and pulled away at one spot. He added more caulk and the fountain is again splashing happily. The birds really love my fountain. They treat it like a huge bird spa. We even have a hummingbird that stops by to splash in the fountain. Next winter I'll have to put out a couple of hummingbird feeders. We aren't allowed to put out seed feeders. They tell me it's because they attract the coyotes. I didn't know that coyotes head seeds but that's OK. I do know that weeds sprout from the seeds and I've got enough weeds without planting them via a bird-feeder. Which reminds me...I've got to go and spray the weeds.

Murphyism of the Day

Parkinson's Second Law

Expenditures rise to meet income.

Parkinson's Third Law

Expansion means complexity and complexity decays.

No comments: