Sunday, April 17, 2005

Nine Days and a Wake Up Before We Leave For Wisconsin

Word of the Day

Acrapulate: Word used for describing a large amount of useless junk collected over a period of time.

Well, it looks like I'm going to be planning a wedding. My Marine daughter and her fiance want to get married this summer. The last part of August. As of today, she wants to have the wedding at Stout Island Lodge but that might be a bit iffy. They tend to book that place a year in advance. We don't have that long. Well...we can only try. She told me that a wedding at The Lake would be just a wonderful. Parking is the issue there. I bet the spirit of my Grandmother would love the idea. Anyway, we're only at early stages here for planning. Just shuffling ideas about. Right now she's stationed back at Parris Island while she heals up from a broken hip before her training and schooling can continue. The planning is taking place via cell phone...unreliable connection not withstanding.

I played at the church today. We did just fine even though our numbers were depleted. Thankfully, we did have a guitarist. It looked a bit like we'd only have our pianist, our vocalist, a drummer, and me. But the music was fine and always puts me in a great mood. Oh my! I need to figure out music for a wedding at The Lake! Maybe I can beg help from my sister. She's better at this sort of thing then I am. I bet she could plan the whole thing all on her own. I don't entertain. I'm panicking and I haven't even started packing for our journey back to Wisconsin. I feel a bit shell-shocked. And no...I refuse to ask the question, "What next?"

Murphyism of the Day

The Salary Axiom

The pay raise is just large enough to increase your taxes and just small enough to have no effect on your take-home pay.

No comments: