Thursday, April 14, 2005

Twelve Days and a Wake Up Before We Leave For Wisconsin

Word of the Day

Accidue: Accident+residue. Glass granules and other debris left at an automobile accident site.

I've been spending the last few days re-reading my old books. It's not possible to actually re-read all of them. At least not immediately. I'll get to them all eventually. Or at least I'll get to the ones that I enjoy the most. Right now I'm re-reading my Nora Roberts books. That'll take a while. I think I have all of her books taking up space on four of the shelves in my "library". Right now, I've got her MacGregor series sitting on my nightstand. As soon as I finish the series, I'll bundle them up so they stay together and put them back on the shelf. I haven't decided which of my Nora Roberts books I'll start on after the MacGregor series. I have to be careful. I don't want to start anything that I won't be able to finish in the time that we have left here in Arizona. I've got books back in Wisconsin. Some of them are repeats of the books that I have here. What can I say? I don't just re-read books once. Some books are worth reading over and over. Some day I'll end up living in one place for twelve months of the year but until then, I have to have collections of books in both of our homes. There's nothing like spending time on a rainy day with a good book. There's nothing like spending time with a good book while soaking up the sun. Actually, there's nothing like spending time with a good book...period.

I've run out of Butternut coffee. I can't buy it here in Arizona. I have to import it from Wisconsin. At least I know how much coffee I'll need to import for next winter. I ran short this year. So now I have to find a substitute coffee that I can tolerate for the short while between now and our return to Wisconsin. I bought two types of coffee in the store the other day. An experiment to see which one I'll like better. HTP started a pot of one of them. It smells like cigarette ashes. Not promising. It claimed to be a medium roast. Smooth. We'll see. As I said, the smell of cigarette ashes doesn't fill me with too much hope.

Murphyism of the Day

Oeser's Law

There is a tendency for the person in the most powerful position in and organization to spend all of his time or her time serving on committees and signing letters.

No comments: