Sunday, April 03, 2005

Word of the Day

Abbamatically: The tendency for an unbearably cloying song to repeat over and over in your head all day after hearing it on the radio.

Jet-lag made it impossible to sleep past 6 AM this morning. Despite the fact that we really tried, our internal time clocks were on Eastern Standard Time. Or maybe it's just that I always tend wake up before anyone else. I made coffee and fed the dogs. They were happy to see us. As usual, they inhaled their food before I was even able to pour myself a cup of freshly brewed coffee.

Our pet-sitter stopped by at around 8:30 AM to drop off our key and gate pass. She told us that the dogs had created a bit of panic for her. Apparently they had gotten into some of our chocolate Easter candy and she wasn't actually sure how much they had eaten...if any...before she took it away from them. Regardless, she called the vet to consult. I guess they would have had to eat a full 4 oz. before they would have been poisoned. Thankfully, I don't think they got any but she stayed to make sure that they weren't sick. Muggsy chipped her dog dish too. Oh well. They survived. I'm happy to see that the pet-sitter is so conscientious. Of course, the dogs wouldn't have gotten into anything if she hadn't let them run around the house loose while she was there. I don't let my dogs run loose inside. That's what the outside is for. Anyway, no more pet-sitters now until next fall. We'll be returning to Wisconsin and the dogs go with us.

Murphyism of the Day

Peter's Inversion

Internal consistency is valued more highly than efficient service.

No comments: