Monday, April 04, 2005

Word of the Day

Babblegram - A long rambling voicemail.

I know I should really be doing something...anything...today but I just don't feel like doing anything. At least nothing extraordinary. By definition, this means that I don't want to do anything extra, beyond the ordinary. I made the coffee. I made the bed. I made breakfast and lunch and plan to make supper. I washed the dishes. I fed the dogs. I sat outside in the sun and read a book. I played Pogo. I read my e-mails. I wrote some e-mails. I am now blogging. See? Nothing outside of the ordinary for a Monday. I suspect the same will hold true for tomorrow. We've got workmen coming on Wednesday to do warranty work on the house. I need to store up energy for them. Wednesday, I'll do something extraordinary. I'd rather just stick to the ordinary but one must do what one must do. I just got back from doing the extraordinary. Our trip to Parris Island. I deserve some recovery time.

Murphyism of the Day

Peter's Hidden Postulate According to Godin

Every employee begins at his or her level of competence.

No comments: