Sunday, April 24, 2005

Two Days and a Wake Up Before We Leave For Wisconsin

Word of the Day

Agnorant: When arrogance is augmented by ignorance.

I was just going to skip on by and see if anyone noticed that I didn't bother to blog today. Guilt drove me to my computer before exhaustion could drive me to my bed. I got up at 5 AM so I could get ready for church and do my normal wake-up routine. I arrived 5 minutes late for church which translates in everyone else's dictionary as "spot on time". Somehow I thought I was supposed to arrive at church at 7:15 AM. I got there at 7:10 AM. Then it turns out that I was supposed to get to church at 7:10 AM. See? I was late. In my mind, I was late.

I played with our church orchestra for two services. It's always a fun exercise in between services to see how much coffee one can consume without burning your tongue and throat before you have to return for the next service. I got a cookie too. Oreo. I only got a half of a cup of coffee. Too hot.

After church, I drove over to my daughter's apartment. I wanted to take her out to get a bride's maid's dress. We found one. Beautiful. I think it'll look great with the dress my other daughter wants for her wedding dress. Of course, even though we found the perfect dress right away, we still felt that we had to wander the mall for hours and hours checking to see if we could find something better. We didn't. In our wanders, we did find a wedding cake topper...I think...subject to the approval of Marine Daughter One. I also picked up a couple of pairs of sandals for the summer and a pair of shoes for Daughter Two to go with the bride's maid's dress. I also picked up a necklace and will see if I can find the very same for the other two bride's maids. Tomorrow.

I wore all the cartilage out of my joints, walking the mall. I ankles are all swollen. I was relieved to feel the heat of the car seats when we finally returned to the car. Like the perfect heating pad on sore muscles and joints. I'll recover. I have to return to the frey tomorrow. I need another stole to go with the dress we bought. I sent off pictures to Marine Daughter One. I hope she likes what I picked out.

After shopping we (Daughter Two, her husband, HTP and I ), all met at an Italian restaurant for supper. Wonderful food! Tutti Santi. They make a wonderful antipasto plate. The main courses are fabulous too. They brought us flaming shots of anisette for the perfect close to our meal.

Is it any wonder that I was ready to just head off to bed after we got home here at 9:30 PM? I've had a really full day! I'm ready for bed. Guilt is the only thing that forcing me to blog. I promised myself that I'd blog on a daily basis...even if I have nothing to say. Oh...and I haven't started packing...still.

Murphyism of the Day

Bunuel's Law

Overdoing things is harmful in all cases, even when it comes to efficiency.

No comments: