Saturday, April 02, 2005

We're Back in Arizona

Word of the Day

Architorture: A once pleasant place having monster-size new development.

We woke up in Savannah and we'll be going to bed in Arizona. We got an early start today, thanks to our hotel wake-up call. I'm not being sarcastic. We actually told them to wake us up...and they did. HTP got the shower first, followed by #1 son. I didn't really need a shower. I don't do showers in the morning because long hair makes life a bit difficult. We would have never gotten out the door in time for our free breakfast and checkout time. I brewed a cup of coffee in the teeny-tiny coffeemaker that was provided in our room while I waited for the men to finish their morning rituals. I watched the news. The Pope was in the news. He was dying. I'm not Catholic but I always have felt that the Pope is someone special, even if you aren't Catholic. HTP, #1 son, and I all kept an eye on the news but sporadically due to the demands of the last few days. CNN was played at the various airport TV's. OK. I prefer FOX but it wasn't available.

HTP and I left from Savannah airport on our flight to Atlanta before #1 son left on his flight to Atlanta. Go figure. We both had to fly to Atlanta but somehow we were given different flight times. We said our goodbyes to #1 son before we boarded our plane. We won't see him again until May. When HTP and I arrived in Atlanta, we discovered that our connecting flight to Arizona was delayed by an hour so we picked up some lunch at one of the over-priced airport Burger Kings while we waited. Because of the delay, we didn't arrive back here in Arizona until after 5 PM (Arizona time). By the time we got our luggage, boarded the shuttle that took us to our car, and drove cross town to get home, it was almost 7 PM.

I unpacked. I powered up the computer. I checked my emails. I found out that Pope John Paul II had passed away sometime after we left Atlanta and before I fired up my computer. He had a long life. He was a good man. I wonder who will be the next to lead the Catholic church? Who will be the next Pope? And what mark will the new Pope make on history? What changes will be made in the coming years?

Murphyism of the Day

In time, every post tends to be occupied by an employee who is incompetent to carry out her duties.

Work is accomplished by those employees who have not yet reached their level of incompetence.

No comments: