Thursday, April 21, 2005

Five Days and a Wake Up Before We Leave For Wisconsin

Word of the Day

Aewog: Sound emitted by a tadpole the moment it becomes a frog.

And so it continues both night and day... We drove our way to Vegas yesterday. 6 hours on the road. Not bad. HTP and I split the driving and there was little to no traffic. We stopped at my folk's place. HTP was itching to look at my Dad's computer and I wanted to see my Mom's new rosebushes. And...they agreed to look after my monster dogs. I shudder to think that they're probably dragging my poor folks out of bed at an early hour because...well...I tend to get up early. 5:30 AM this morning for me but what the heck, I'm "on vacation". I just turned on the light by our bed and read for a while until HTP got up and fired up the computer. And so, two and a half hours later, here you can find me. Blogging.

We ate too much yesterday. I dragged myself upstairs last night and collapsed in bed, completely gorged with food. Good food, but I'm really going to have to show more restraint. We had a late lunch at The Harvest Cafe because we hadn't had any breakfast or lunch on the road. Then, not even three hours later, we were sitting down to an Italian feast at Fellini's with my folks. Too much food. My Mom took home our leftovers so at least we didn't eat all of it. I think I would have ruptured something if I'd made the attempt. Sadly, we did eat dessert too. But what's so filling about fresh strawberries in a custard-cream sauce? Groan! It was delicious and I practically licked the goblet, it was served in, clean. I'll do better today, though my thoughts are turning to breakfast as I blog. Coffee would be nice.

Neither HTP and I seem to be having any luck at the machines this trip. We have today and tomorrow to test our luck but I brought books to fill in my time. I refuse to toss good money after bad. I plan to enjoy myself this trip...as I do all my trips...with a bit of gambling mixed with relaxing in the park, reading in the room, and maybe even a movie at the movie theatre. We'll see. I may even see about visiting the Spa. A facial or back treatment sounds wonderful. Decisions. Oh well...decisions like these aren't stressful at all. Not that I'm stressed. I haven't thought about wedding plans or packing for The Lake at all...at least until just this second, and maybe a bit at supper last night.

Murphyism of the Day

Second Law for Freelance Artists

All rush jobs are due the same day.

No comments: