Thursday, July 07, 2005

Word of the Day

Blogologist: A person with a doctorate in blogosity.

I have pectin! We went shopping yesterday in the city. After stopping at various stores, I finally found my pectin. Not all pectin is created equal. I needed a particular kind of pectin that will allow me to use less sugar or my sugar substitute. I am now able to make more jam. I still can't make sugarless jam but I can now make the highly caloric sugar variety of jam, but not as high as if I used the regular variety of pectin. There will be need to experience guilt when eating this jam but one need not go into a back-flogging depression over the whole thing. Actually, I prefer to save the back-flogging depressions for the times I eat See's Chocolates. I'll make the sugarless jam as soon as my Maltitol comes in the mail.

#1 son says he's going to make homemade pizza for lunch. Usually that sort of meal is saved for the evenings but #1 son has to work tonight. If homemade pizza is to be made and enjoyed while #1 son's friend is still here, today's lunch will have to be it. Tomorrow night I'm going to make steaks on the grill. We were thinking of going out for a Friday night Fish Fry but #1 son's friend hates fish. That's OK by me. I'm not too fond of fish fry's.

So...guess what I'm doing today. Anyone need jam?

Murphyism of the Day

Law of Supermarkets

The quality of the house brand varies inversely with the size of the supermarket chain.

No comments: