Thursday, July 14, 2005

Word of the Day

D'oh! - "Literally a contraction of "Duh... Oh!" made famous by Homer Simpson. Used to denote anything from surprise to being caught, to forgetting something, etc."

I made one batch of sugarless wild raspberry jam. A batch of sugarless rhubarb/strawberry jam is in the pot waiting to be made. I'll do that later today. My Mother-in-law loves the refrigerator-style jam made using rhubarb and strawberry gelatin. I'm going to try and adapt the recipe so that we can avoid the sugar and extend the shelf-life beyond the necessity of refrigeration. I'm going to make the recipe using sugarless strawberry Jell-o, rhubarb, my Maltitol and pectin. I'll let you know how it turns out.

The weather has been hot and humid. My poor grass is expiring. I've been keeping my garden watered but the grass is feeling left out. It'll take all day but I'm dragging out sprinkler from here to there so the lawn can have a drink. In Arizona, we had a sprinkler system which made this chore of dragging sprinklers about unnecessary. I wish we had a sprinkler system here in Wisconsin but burying sprinkler pipe and fittings here in Wisconsin is a bit expensive due to our winter weather. Oh well, at least we get more rain here and I don't have to do the sprinkler dance too many times during the summer.

Murphyism of the Day

Pope's Law

Chipped dishes never break.

No comments: