Thursday, July 28, 2005

Word of the Day

Deafacacatated : Hearing loss caused by verbal nonsense.

I decided to blog in draft form today so I don't forget to what I meant to write. Often during the day, blog ideas hit me and then they pass away into the miasma that illustrates my forgetfulness. It becomes frustrating to me when I have a blog idea but by the time I have the time to sit down at the computer, the idea has flown out the window.

The pavers are here! The pavers are here! I was sipping on my first cup of coffee, watching the news on TV when out of the corner of my eye, I see what looks like a giant ladybug, toodling down the driveway with a man standing on it's back. This piece of equipment is truly bizarre looking. A primitive-type person would have run screaming for the woods. Right after the arrival of the giant ladybug, a smaller piece of equipment was delivered. This one came in the back of a pickup truck. It too resembles a member of the insect family. It fascinates me that most pieces of excavation equipment tend to look like giant bugs. Come to think of it, planes and helicopters tend to look like insects too. Oh well...maybe I just have an insect fixation. Anyway, this new piece of equipment has two rollers instead of wheels. I now have this yellow bug parked in my concrete driveway. The orange ladybug remains on the gravel part of the driveway. The man has removed all sorts of interesting rakes and shovels and scrapers and such from it's belly. Silently the bugs await. I hear a distant rumble in the distance. OH COOL! It's another bug. I think it's the yellow bug's big brother. It looks like he's busy rolling up and down our driveway removing the footprints left by the giant ladybug.

And then a huge dump truck full of stinky stuff came. The ladybug slurped it up and then spread it out. I closed the windows. The roller bugs have been busy running up and down on the stinky stuff too. It won't be long and we'll have a blacktopped driveway...or at least 400 feet of blacktopped driveway.

The pavers are finished paving and they've been paid. We have blacktop. And now? It's rained. Interesting to note that the water running off the driveway went into the "gutters" as designed. So what's next? We need to fix the lawn area that abuts the driveway. It's too high and it creates a dam which funnels the water through my flowerbed thus washing away the bark mulch HTP and I labored to put down. Sigh. One problem at a time. We'll work on the lawn problem next summer...or maybe this fall.

Murphyism of the Day

Goldenstern's Rules

1. Always hire a rich attorney.

2. Never buy from a rich salesperson.

No comments: