Saturday, July 16, 2005

Word of the Day

Dadnasticate : To procrastinate, but feel kinda bad about doing it.

Well, it was bound to happen. I missed one. One what? A woodtick. Not just any woodtick. This was one of those dreaded deerticks. Well, shoot! It's not like I'm going to actually miss the drop of blood that this little tick ingested. I've lost more blood to a papercut. This little deertick was so engorged with his one drop of blood that it didn't take much encouragement on my part to remove him from my hip. He was done. The thing is, even though he was really tiny, I usually can see these ticks before they have a chance to do more then attach themselves. I prefer to catch them before they even do that. I missed this one. Now I'll have to keep an eye on the bite and make sure I don't get that telltale bullseye ring that would indicate that this deertick passed along Lyme's disease while he was snacking on me. And if I do get Lyme's disease, I'll have to explain to the doctor that I didn't save the little creature for tests. Sorry, I refuse to keep woodticks stored in my freezer. What would I do? Keep them individually wrapped and labeled as to the date they decided to bite me and where on my body they did so? I don't think so. And I refuse to deliver each and every woodtick that decides to nibble on me to the doctor's office. I wonder how much they charge to run the test? No matter. I don't intend to find out. I'll just keep an eye on this bite and hope it goes away.

Murphyism of the Day

Boren's Law for Cats

When in doubt, wash.

No comments: