Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Word of the Day

Cleverosity: The state of being clever.

What in the world was I thinking! Good Grief! I'm going to be making enough strawberry jam to last for years! I've run out of pectin. I've run out of my artificial sweetener. #1 son and his friend helped HTP and I pick strawberries yesterday. Innocent enough. Why I felt that I needed 54 # of strawberries, I have no idea. I gave on flat of berries to my Mom to share with my sister. Now I only had to deal with 49# of berries. Because I didn't have enough room in my refrigerator to keep the already ripe berries from heading toward too ripe, I ended up making three batches of jam last night before I headed off to bed. We also had strawberry sundaes last night. OK. Now I have to deal with 4 more flats of berries. No pectin. I'm going to cut up the berries and freeze them in batches to make into jam. I ordered more Maltitol (the artificial sweetener) and will make more jam as soon as it arrives. Note to self, buy more pectin.

#1 son and his friend set off fireworks from our dock last night. I love fireworks. It was a perfect night for it. Too cool for mosquitoes so I could sit, unmolested, on the deck and enjoy the brilliant explosions of light in the clear night sky. The stars here at The Lake are amazing. At on time I thought it would be neat to get a telescope so we could enjoy them more. The telescope remains in the corner of our living room. I decided that I prefer viewing the amazing array of stars without a telescope.

With all the strawberry picking and jam making, I didn't finish the laundry. Guess what I'm going to be doing today (besides cutting up berries)?

Murphyism of the Day

Bell's Theorem

When a body is immersed in water, the telephone rings.

No comments: