Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Word of the Day

Daymare : A nightmare that is lived out in the light of day; a bad dream come true.

I was waiting to blog just in case something momentous happened that needed reporting. Nope. Nothing. OK. There was a shuttle launch. This was momentous but...I missed it. My Mom told me about it. I haven't taken the time to actually watch TV today. The shuttle didn't need me. I'm sure someone blew something up in Iraq. Nothing unusual about that, sad to say. OH! I know! I did the laundry. Since it's Tuesday, I guess that doesn't count as momentous. Sigh. OH! Does it count that I finally got around to sending out all the wedding announcements? This was no mean feat. The minute I got the first one addressed (by hand), I found out that the pictures were too big for the envelopes. Thankfully, my folks have a paper-cutter. I took all the pictures over to their cabin and proceeded to trim them. They are no longer perfect 4"x6" photos. They are now perfect 4"x 5-1/2" photos. But...they fit into the envelopes and that's what counts. I even sent out a wedding announcement to my daughter's new parents-in-law. I know. They were at the wedding so they really didn't need a formal announcement. I just thought they'd want to see the announcement. I also offered to send out any additional announcements for them if they want to send me a list. It's not like I'm going nuts here with too much to do. Though, I could be making jam and I suppose I could start canning the beans before HTP and #1 son start complaining about having green beans with every meal.

The weather has changed yet again. We went from hot and humid to cool and nice back to hot and humid and now we're back to cool and nice. I actually wore jeans today. One doesn't wear jeans on hot and humid days. Unless you're HTP or #1 son. They seem to want to wear jeans no matter how hot or humid. But that's just an interesting fluke. It rained last night. Of course, I shouldn't have been surprised. I did do that sprinkler dance for two days running. It was bound to rain.

I noticed that some of the blackberries are starting to ripen. My Mom mentioned that maybe we should go and check out the crop on the logging road. Maybe. We'll see. The woods takes a bit to dry out after a rain and I'm not eager to brave the tall grass...the tall wet grass. I figure in a day or two things will have dried out some.

Murphyism of the Day

Murray's Laws

1. Never ask a barber if you need a haircut.

2. Never ask a salesman if his is a good price.

No comments: