Monday, July 11, 2005

Word of the Day

Disk Crash: A typical computer response to any critical deadline

I treated my tomato plants for blight today. This seems to be a yearly problem in the humid climate of Wisconsin. I removed the diseased leaves and sprayed the plants with a special mixture designed to take care of such problems. Every year I hope to escape this problem but every year the same problem rears its ugly head. Fortunately, this year it looks like I'm ahead of the game. At least I hope I am.

My special sweetener was supposed to come today via UPS. I don't dare go anywhere. The UPS man is just waiting for me to step out the door. So...nothing has been going on today. I've been watching a replay of yesterday's hurricane coverage. I've been listening to political rhetoric. And I've been playing Pogo. OH! Woohoo! The UPS man is here! Of course, it's too late to do anything with my sweetener anymore tonight but there's always tomorrow.

Tomorrow? Laundry day and I'll be jamming. OH! HTP is home. He went out to do some research at the county seat. Time to get creative. Now is the time to try and figure out what to make for supper. I guess Pogo will have to wait until after supper.

Murphyism of the Day

Stitzer's Vacation Principle

When packing for a vacation, take half as much clothing and twice as much money.

No comments: