Sunday, July 10, 2005

Word of the Day

Dilberted: To be exploited and oppressed by your boss. Derived from the experiences of Dilbert, the geek-in-hell comic strip character. "I've been dilberted again. The old man revised the specs for the fourth time this week."

Well heck! I missed it! I've been watching Fox News all day while I've finished up my crotchet project, and I missed it! My daughter was on CNN. I never watch CNN! OK. I rarely watch CNN. My Devil Dog Daughter and fellow Marines along with a whole bunch of Navy gals were shown on CNN. Hurricane refugees. If anyone can find the footage, I'd love to see it. The first I heard of it was when my daughter called. She said she saw the camera crew but didn't think anything of it until she got a call from her GI Joe husband. He was on one of his National Guard weekends and one of his fellow guard members called him over to the TV with, "Hey! Isn't that your wife?" He called her. She called me. I missed it! Argh!

It's been another exciting day in rural Wisconsin. Hot and humid. Summer. I harvested the first three zucchini from my garden. I picked four almost ripe tomatoes. I picked the lettuce and cleaned it. I picked the male zucchini blossoms and ate four of them for breakfast. I cleaned the rest of them and they'll keep for tomorrow's breakfast. My blueberries are starting to ripen. I race out and pick any that even "seem" to be ripening. If I don't pick them, the birds will. Or the chipmunks. Or the bears.

Murphyism of the Day

Woodside's Grocery Principle

The bag that breaks is the one with the eggs.

No comments: