Friday, July 22, 2005

Word of the Day

Dangerou : A dangerou is a carnivorous and ferocious marsupial now only found in captivity.

I've been cooking and baking all morning. Thank goodness for lists or I would never have remembered all that needed to be done. Time for a break. My last two pies are baking in the oven. Everything that I cooked and prepared has been carried over to my sister's place except for the pies. We'll bring them over there when we go. I've cleaned up my kitchen. HTP vacuumed the carpet. #1 son made the beds and cleaned the downstairs rooms that he claims for himself when we don't have guests. I'm ready for company. I have no idea when they'll be here. But I'm ready.

I have the air-conditioner running. Baking can be a really hot pursuit. I'm not sure how comfortable we'll be over at my sister's place (no air-conditioning) but we'll see. If things get too hot, we may reconsider and move the meals over to our place. I don't have as much space for entertaining sitdown-style but I've done it before and I can do it again if need be.

Let's see. What did I make? I made the salsa for tonight's taco salad. I made the fruit salad and blueberry muffins for tomorrow's breakfast. I made the sandwich rolls, and the pies for tomorrow's lunch. I boiled up the bratwurst, doctored up the baked beans, made the macaroni salad, green bean salad, and the cucumber salad for tomorrow's supper. I sent over all of this along with the beer, the ice cream, the cottage cheese, the shaved ham, the shaved turkey and the club of salami, the sharp cheddar to go with the pies, and the bratwurst buns. Have I forgotten anything? I hope not. I checked my list and if it's not on the list, it's not going to get done.

I have all the wedding announcements printed out for my Devil Dog Daughter and her GI Joe husband. I'll work on those next week after things settle down a bit.

Murphyism of the Day

Seymour's Investment Principle

Never invest in anything that eats.

No comments: