Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Word of the Day

Lupper: A special meal which combines lunch and supper.

I know. It's late. HTP and I spent the day driving to Lake City in Minnesota. We visited for a short while with HTP's brother and his brother's girlfriend. Then? We drove back. This took the entire day.

Then, when we finally got back to The Lake, I saw that the answering machine was turned off. When did that happen? I think it happened around 3 PM when I called #1 son because I left a message on the answering machine for him around then and IT was there. Sigh. My sister tried to call and finally emailed me to ask if our phone was on the fritz. Of course, I didn't get the email until just now when we got home. Then, of course, I have to wonder, who else tried to call us. Oh well, I did have my cellphone with us and no-one tried to call us. Still...one does wonder.

Murphyism of the Day

Old Grey's Law on Answering Machines

No-one ever tries to leave a message on your answering machine while you are not home unless the answering machine magically turns itself off and it's really important.

When the answering machine malfunctions, the owner of said answering machine spends countless hours and sleepless nights wondering who tried to call during the malfunction.

No comments: