Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Word of the Day

Cyclopath: A bike-riding maniac.

Oh, that's right. It's Tuesday. Laundry day. HTP reminded me. I dragged #1 son out of bed long enough to bring me his dirty laundry. I sorted and pre-treated and put in the first load. Freedom. I can now blog with a clear conscience if I hurry because I need to make breakfast too. I know. I suppose I could have blogged earlier but I've been busy writing e-mails and sending out wedding pictures. I've got a ways to go on that project but it's a start. I need to draft a wedding announcement letter too. As soon as my daughter approves the wording and the pictures, I'll send that out snail-mail.

We have Orkin pest control come once a month out here. I like to keep on top of the mice and the hornet problems. It seems that our guy likes to wait until HTP and I leave for the day before he stops by. He treats the place but we're not here to actually witness it. I'm not sure what he actually does while he's here but I'm betting it isn't much if we're not here. Anyway, I called this morning to make sure that he isn't planning on showing up while we're out picking strawberries. I'm going to see if I can get a fixed day and a fixed time so I can actually make a point to be here when he's here. Of course, with my record, I'll be out fishing when he shows up. Here but not.

Murphyism of the Day

Thiessen's Law of Gastronomy

The hardness of the butter is in direct proportion to the softness of the roll.

No comments: