Monday, July 04, 2005

Word of the Day

Claptomaniac: One who won't stop applauding.

Happy 4th of July! I made the traditional grilled bratwurst cooked in beer. Tonight we headed off to see the fireworks that were shot off over the lake that connects to our lake. They were beautiful. Of course, tonight had to be The Night of the Flying Bugs. They were swarming all over. I suspect that I'll have to sweep away masses of them from my front steps tomorrow. They definitely were doing their job. These weren't mosquitoes, nor were they biting gnats. They were just those little flies that look a bit like mosquitoes. And there were lots of them. I'll have to shower before I head off to bed...and brush their remains from my hair. Aside from the bugs, the fireworks were great! I've always been amazed at the display that our small town puts on each year.

I've been busy doing absolutely nothing today. Well...I did walk to the main road so I could check out the raspberries and clean off storm debris. The raspberries are doing surprisingly well. I picked my first batch of them. My blueberries are just starting to ripen too.

I think we might be going out tomorrow to pick strawberries. I want to make strawberry jam. HTP loves the stuff and I want to send a couple of jars of the stuff home with #1 son's friend. I suppose that means I need to go and buy some pectin too...and order more of my sugar substitute.

Murphyism of the Day

Diner's Dilemma

A clean tie attracts the soup of the day.

No comments: