Friday, July 01, 2005

Word of the Day

Cybertagious: Contagious over the internet

In a matter of minutes, HTP and I are heading off to The Big City to pick up HTP's parents. We're all heading down to Omaha today. Our Devil Dog Daughter is getting married in Omaha to her GI Joe on Saturday. This is just going to be a small wedding but I bet they'll always remember it. We'll plan a far more formal wedding (renewal of vows) when GI Joe gets back from The Sandbox.

I'm not sure if I'll have time to come back and write more in this blog tonight. We'll see. I'll leave off the Murphyism for now and add it later tonight if time allows. It's a long drive to Omaha and we plan to connect with GI Joe and his folks tonight as well. Our Devil Dog Daughter won't arrive in Omaha until Saturday (flying in from Pensacola) so we won't get to see her until the wedding.

*****

We've arrived in Omaha. The drive was faster then I was expecting despite the little detour we routed for ourselves when we hit a spot of dead stop road construction in Iowa. HTP and I shared the driving. We stopped in Des Moines at The Iowa Machine Shed for lunch. Really good food. It made a good break from driving.

I called GI Joe to see if he wants to join us for supper but I'm not sure if he'll find the time. Don't blame him. He should be going out with friends tonight. His last night as a bachelor.

Well...tomorrow is another day. The Day. Wedding Day. We'll see if I can blog tomorrow.

Murphyism of the Day

Law of Highway Construction

The most heavily traveled streets spend the most time under construction.

No comments: