Monday, May 02, 2005

Word of the Day

Alponium: The odor that wafts up after opening a can of dog or cat food.

It just dawned on me that cleaning this house when we leave it for the winter just doesn't make too much sense. I just spent hours yesterday cleaning the house and I'll have more hours of cleaning to do in the days to come. I cleaned this house perfectly before we left it last fall. Why? The ladybugs invaded and spiders made webs and I had to do the whole of it again when we got back here. I left a clean house for what? Those two mice that committed suicide on the sticky traps in the furnace room? So the ladybugs could dwell in a clean house? So I wouldn't be embarrassed if a burglar invaded the place? The house was already dirty by the time the plumber came and went this spring. I guess it's kind of like making sure that you're wearing clean underwear in case you happen to be in an accident. Or maybe it's just habit. I cleaned the toilets before I left last fall and I had to clean them again this spring. The sinks and the mirrors too. I chased down every ladybug that had croaked in the house and swept away the ones that croaked in the doorways. I know I missed a few so I'll have to do it all again in a few days. HTP had to clean the shower and I had to clean the bathtubs. I even had to rewash the clean dishes that I'd left clean in the dishwasher! I'm going to see if I can get #1 son to clean his shower when he visits next weekend. And all this cleaning is occurring because it really needs cleaning. Somehow it got dirty during the winter when no-one but the invading houseflies and ladybugs were here. I haven't even seen any mouse evidence...other then those two in the furnace room and HTP took care of them...discreetly. I'm seriously questioning the necessity of cleaning in the fall. To heck with what the ladybugs and houseflies and spiders and mice think. For that matter, if a burglar invades and finds my housekeeping an unsatisfactory...tough! I hate inefficiency! And having to do the same thing twice for no earthly reason that I can see is a worthless waste of time.

Murphyism of the Day

Law of Corporate Planning

Anything that can be changed will be changed until there is not time left to change anything.

No comments: