Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Word of the Day

Bagel - A Jewish breed of dog, similar to the American beagle but requiring a much stricter diet.

I like to listen to KFYI online while I catch up on my e-mails, blog, and play my Pogo but lately it's been driving me totally crazy with a commercial for a men's expo. It's not like I'd have gone to the expo even if I were in Phoenix. I didn't go to the women's expo either. Besides, I'm here in Wisconsin. They repeat that same dang commercial, back to back, over and over again. By the time this men's expo actually rolls around...in Phoenix Civic Center...I will spouting this commercial in my sleep. I'll find myself attending in my dreams...nightmarish scenes of me running away from that perfect cigar. My husband watched in wonder as my eye began to twitch and my teeth began to grind as I suppressed the urge to toss my laptop across the room when all it would have taken was to exit the online KFYI program. It takes a heck of a lot to make my teeth grind and cause my eye to twitch. I'm a laid back sort of gal. This men's expo, big boys and their toys, cigars and Arizona Cardinal cheerleaders and easy chairs, Texas Hold'em lessons, the largest men's mall....ahhhhh!!!!!! I wouldn't mind. The commercial isn't all that bad...once. But four identical commercials back to back...sometimes five, and then three more different commercials for something else and then a repeat of the first identical men's expo commercial...it's enough to drive anyone nuts. Oh no...there it is again! All because I want to listen to Bruce Young, Barry Young, Rush, Hannity, and Liddy and Hill. Whimper. Make it stop! The expo doesn't start until June 10th. If I promise not to forget Father's Day, will they please just run that commercial once or twice an hour...and not back to back? Please?! Maybe if I write them a nice online letter. Make it stop! PLEASE!!!!!

Murphyism of the Day

Anthony's Law of Force

Don't force it; get a larger hammer

No comments: