Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Word of the Day

Backwallers - Those who are paranoid that people will look over their shoulder while they do something or sneak up on them unaware. They try everything in their power to sit with their backs to a wall or other large, opaque object, so that no one can walk up to them from behind and yet, they can still see everyone else. Comes from "back to the wall."

It's another beautiful day here at The Lake. The temperature is a bit cool still (54°F) but the sun has been battling with the clouds all day. Right now the sun seems to be winning. To counter the sun, the wind has been blowing at a steady pace.

I spent some time fishing again last night. I was fishing but nothing was biting. A mosquito made it's presence known, but I killed it before it could bite. After a couple hours watching the fish jump in the distance and a wood duck out swimming in the middle of the lake, I decided to stow the gear and head back up to the house. It really was beautiful but one can only sit still for so long before you decide that what you really need to make things perfect is a beer. I went up to the house and got my beer and then decided that I'd try fishing another day.

Although I'm feeling a bit lazy (so what else is new?), I think I'll go out and finish digging my garden this afternoon. I was going to do it yesterday but the ground was too wet. It might be too wet today too but I'll never know if I don't actually go out there and check. I want to get the gardens prepped so I start planting. I have plants coming and I've got a sack of seeds and onion sets that are begging me to plant them out in the rich soil of my garden.

Murphyism of the Day

Jose's Axiom

Nothing is as temporary as that which is called permanent.

Corollary

Nothing is as permanent as that which is called temporary.

No comments: