Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Word of the Day

Backne - Street slang for acne on one's back and shoulders.

I went fishing last night for a while before it started raining again. I didn't even get a nibble. On the plus side, I didn't have to clean any fish. I made fajitas for supper.

Although we haven't had any rain today, or at least during a time when I was awake to appreciate it, I haven't done much. My rain gauge tells me that we received a little of 1/2" of rain from the time I stopped my failed fishing expedition and the time I actually looked at the gauge this morning. It's dreary outside. Cold and grey.

I walked out to the mailbox yesterday before the rain hit (1/2 mile walk to and another 1/2 mile walk on the way back = 1 mile walk total) . As I walked I noted that the ferns were just starting to sprout. I remembered reading that fern sprouts were edible so I gathered enough to clean and cook. I've since done some research, being rather skeptical of the hairiness of these fern sprouts. Although the ferns in my area are edible, they are hairy and I'm told that they are rather bitter. We don't have the right kind of edible ferns, so at least I had a nice walk...to and fro. And, thanks to the internet, HTP and I don't have to suffer through a bitter sidedish.

Murphyism of the Day

Bitton's Postulate on State-of-the-Art Electronics

If you understand it, it's obsolete.

No comments: