Monday, May 16, 2005

Word of the Day

Bafflegarb - This is the english wording politicians use to smear over an important issue. Our much esteemed politicians practice long and hard to BAFFLE us with GARBAGE!

I planted four tomato plants in the pots on my patio. My two Earthboxes were delivered on Saturday and I have set them outside. As soon as things warm up a bit and I have a chance to buy some plants, I'm going to try them out. It's an interesting concept and I'm always up for experimentation. I'm supposed to get some pepper plants coming in the mail from Burpees and I want to see how tomatoes work out in them.

It's still too wet for me to mess around in the garden. Although the temperature right now is 61°F, I don't think I can go out and spray weeds until I know that that temperature is sustainable for at least 12 hours. Since I woke up to 38°F this morning, I think I'll have to wait for a bit yet before I can tackle the weeds.

I can go out and harvest some winter onions and reset a bunch for next year. Maybe I'll do that a bit later. In the meantime, I need to go and check to see if #1 son has risen for the day. It would be nice if he'd rise and shine before supper time. HTP and I have been cutting him a bit of slack since he just got home from college but I think it's time to reel in the slack.

Murphyism of the Day

Fudd's Law of Opposition

Push something hard enough and it will fall over.

No comments: