Saturday, May 28, 2005

Word of the Day

Beereft - Without beer

#1 son and I made a chocolate gateau (flourless chocolate cake) yesterday to bring over to my sister's place today. We were celebrating my folks' anniversary, #1 son's birthday, the engagement of my nephew and the anniversary of my sister's friends who were visiting for the Memorial Day weekend. Plus...it was just nice to get together. My sister made beer butt chicken. My nephew's fiance made a wonderful cream dessert and #1 son and I brought the chocolate gateau. Anyway, I got up early so I could make the raspberry sauce for the chocolate gateau and the chocolate glaze. It all turned out great! We ended the visit with a game of Trivial Pursuit. Sigh! I didn't know half the answers to the questioned asked. At least we were runners up.

Murphyism of the Day

DeHay's Axiom

Simple jobs always get put off because there will be time to do them later.

No comments: