Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Word of the Day

babblescent - A pre-teen or adolescent based on the characteristic behaviors of such young people--they are always talking.

I was going to blog later today after our DSL is finally hooked up but I guess I'll make do with the dial-up. It's so slow! And I remember the day when this "slow" was considered lightening fast. Times change.

It's another sunny day at The Lake. 52°F right now but we woke up to 28°F. I was a bit worried because I forgot to bring in the dogs' water dish last night (I keep it outside on the deck here at The Lake) but the dogs didn't bruise their little noses when they dipped in to get a drink this morning. In other words, it didn't freeze the waterdish water last night. Still...I won't be putting out any liquid containing bird feeders for a while yet. It's supposed to warm up to the 70's this week according to the weather people.

It doesn't look like the people who are supposed to install our dock will come today. HTP called them. We want to be here to see how this "little" project is done so we can take care of things ourselves from now on. The costs of dock installation and removal have been rising and although I like to help the economy of our local businesses, HTP and I are beginning to feel that this company is taking advantage of us. I think they're just going to need to realize that they've priced themselves out of the market...at least as far as we're concerned. Who knows? Maybe the rich weekender folks who have docks on Red Cedar will pay them. After we figure out how to put in our own dock (observation is key), we'll be putting in our own dock.

I started "cleaning" up my flower beds. I have to check to see if the weed-killer I have in the garage functions in cold weather. If not, I'll have to see if there is a weed-killer that I can buy that will work in cold temperatures. I want to kill the weeds before they get waist high.

Murphyism of the Day

Principle of Design Inertia

Any change looks terrible at first.

No comments: