Monday, May 30, 2005

Word of the Day

Beeter - A Farmer who farms beets.

You're hired. #1 son has a job. He'll be working as a prep chef at the local country club. Yes, we do have a local country club. Seems a bit ridiculous when our little town has a population of less then 500 but we do have a really nice golf resort for week-enders and summer visitors.

I finished planting my garden. I still have some plants coming in the mail...I don't know when to expect them but that's that...so I'll plant them as they come. I lost most of my nearly wild roses over the winter so I'll have to figure out something to plant on the terrace by the garage. I've decided not to replant roses there. I think it's too cold here. I'm going to see if I can find other things to plant from the woods and from dividing plants from my other beds. Ferns, astilbe, lilacs, dwarf daylilies, columbine, perennials, that sort of thing. We'll see.

I put shorts on again today. It's 82°F on my deck. I don't know why it's so hot on the deck. The temperature in the shady northside of the house is only 70°F. That's OK. I got to go out and soak in some Vitamin D. Apparently, it's OK now to sit out in the sun without sunblock. As a matter of fact, they're now telling us that it's important to sit out and soak up the sun's rays...within reason. I can do "within reason". I never can sit still for too long. I'm not good at just sitting, even if I have a good book to read.

HTP is off cutting down all my wild raspberry bushes that grow at the side of our driveway. He claims that they're taking over the driveway and that our car is going to be all scratched up. Bull! But....whatever. I'm hoping he leaves enough for me to still pick wild raspberries for jam this summer. He can't get them all. Can he?

Murphyism of the Day

O'Reilly's Law of the Kitchen

Cleanliness is next to impossible.

No comments: