Sunday, May 08, 2005

Word of the Day

Backblog - Overflow of incidents you intend to write about on your weblog.

Happy Mother's Day

I ate too much. I'm exhausted. I did too much. I'm off to bed. It's late. Past my bedtime. OK...I'll blog.

We started off the morning with a Mother's Day Brunch at Tagalong with my Mom and Dad, HTP, and #1 son. Tagalong is a nearby golf resort on Red Cedar Lake Resort. Tagalong used to be owned by the Stout estate. A private golf course owned by a lumber baron. It was styled after a famous golf course in Scotland. The original building built in the 30's still stands and has been incorporated into the pro shop. I think they did a great job. The brunch was very nice but...I think we'll try for Blue Hills Supper Club for Father's Day. Still...I ate too much.

After brunch, my folks adopted my dogs so we could drive to The Big City to celebrate Mother's Day at HTP's sister's place with HTP's Mom and Dad, his sister's family, his brother, #1 son....you get the idea. We ate too much. HTP's sister made ribs with lots of salad. #1 son made a flourless chocolate cake with raspberries and raspberry sauce for dessert. MMMM....chocolate.

After our huge dinner, we drove HTP's folks back to their house. HTP fixed his Mom's computer and then we drove #1 son back to his dorm room. #1 son took the leftover cake and some brownies back to the dorm with him. I'm sure he'll find plenty of friends to share the leftovers with him. I doubt the desserts will last the night.

HTP and I headed straight back here to The Lake but even driving straight out, we didn't get back here until after 10:30PM. No sooner then I punched in the alarm code then the phone rang. It was my youngest daughter calling to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. I noted as I spoke to her that the message light was blinking on the phone. Yup! It was my oldest daughter wishing me a Happy Mother's Day....all the way from Parris Island.

All my children wished me a Wonderful Happy Mother's Day! I had a Wonderful Mother's Day! Only...I ate too much. Now I can't eat anything until Father's Day...at the soonest.

Thanks so much to All My Children. I love you all very much.

Murphyism of the Day

Old Grey's Axiom of Buffology

When picking up items of food at a brunch or buffet, one's eyes are always bigger then one's stomach.

No comments: