Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Word of the Day

Cake turds: The leftover icing stuck to the cake plate.

One of the things I always do as I sit down at my computer is read the headlines on my internet browser. Sometimes these really aren't worth pursuing beyond the headline. Sometimes I can't resist checking them out.

Today we have the headline Bush denies losing clout, vows to push agenda. No need to pursue that one. What else is he supposed to do? With the senate doing absolutely nothing, the democrats don't care what the republicans want, even if it's the very thing they suggested previously. And the republicans haven't figured out that they're in the majority and they want the local media to love them...screw their constituents. So yes, Bush is losing clout (or at least the democrats and the local media want us to believe this) and nothing has changed. But...they all have to look busy.

Headline number two is, Ex-FBI says he was "Deep Throat". Old news, who really cares anymore.

Headline number three? Kidnapped governor in Iraq found dead. I'm sure I'd find someone blaming Bush or the military on this one. It's always either Bush's fault or the military's fault in these articles.

Euro drops as Villepin named France PM. It's been heading south for a while now. I guess they didn't like the new constitution and that started the ball rolling. Europe Unite! Not!

Spokane mayor denies criminal allegations. Well...of course he'd deny criminal allegations. Even the most stupid criminal knows enough to deny whatever allegation is thrown at him...even if he's caught red-handed.

Major hurricane likely to hit U.S. in 2005. Not news. We always get at least one major hurricane. Florida? They're still cleaning up from that hurricane season. There wouldn't be a hurricane season if there weren't hurricanes.

Armani signs deal to open 10 hotels worldwide. Ok...I'll bite. Armani? Like the designer? It is! Well...I don't think I'll run out and book the reservations. Sounds a bit out of my price range.

Jackson attorney's discuss jury instruction. Pretty stupid if they didn't. I don't think these expensive lawyers earn their paychecks through stupidity.

And so ends today's headlines for right now. I'll have to check back later. I'm sure there will be another article about some major catastrophy in Iraq. Another war-dead count. Another demonstration involving the Quran. I wonder if my son is on a death list somewhere. I'm sure he wasn't properly respectful of the Quran when he had to read it for his history class last semester. I mean, he didn't toss it in the toilet or anything but it may have ended up on the floor by his bed. He may have used his highlighter on it. It may even have ended up sitting on his TV set or tossed in a box after he was done with it. At least he read it. I wonder what happened to all those other Qurans that my son's classmates had to buy and read? Oh well, at least none of them blew them up in a suicide bombing.

Murphyism of the Day

The Party Law

The more food you prepare, the less your guests eat.

No comments: