Monday, May 23, 2005

Word of the Day

Barley pop - A beer.

It's been a beautiful day at The Lake. We went into the city to purchase various bedding plants, oil for the rototiller, groceries, etc. When we got back, HTP fixed the rototiller and we proceeded to rototill the garden beds. After that, I planted the marigolds that I'd purchased to line the front walkway. At this point, I was pooped but I decided to relax with an hour of garden planning (this is where you drag out your garden book and your garden plan from the previous year to see where things need to be planted so that you don't plant stuff in the same place each year). After I drew up the 2005 Garden Plan, I couldn't just sit there with all that fertile, tilled soil, begging me to plant something, anything, in it. So...I planted my garden. I left space for six tomato plants that my Mom has for me and two pepper plants that still need to come from Burpee's. But, I planted two tomato plants, four pepper plants, three different types of bush beans, lettuce, zucchini (green and yellow), cucumbers, and onions. I don't plant carrots anymore because I can get them in the store. I don't plant corn because it takes up too much space for what you get. I don't like winter squash, so why plant it. I don't plant radishes because they never grow here. I don't know why but they produce all kinds of green foliage and no root...besides, I can get them at the store and HTP doesn't like them. I still need to plant my container gardens on the deck but that will have to wait for another day. Burpee's needs to send my plants!

Murphyism of the Day

Harvard's Law

Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure, temperature, volume, humidity, and other variables, the organism will do as it damn well pleases.

No comments: