Saturday, May 21, 2005

Word of the Day

Bangry - A state of mind just slightly past angry when you begin to bang things.

It's one of those "recovery" days for me. I did too much yesterday and now I have to recover. They do tell you that you should take a day of rest in between exercising if you really want to get the most out of your exercise program but I don't actually have an exercise program. Nonetheless, I choose to take this piece of advice to heart.

HTP decided to "fix" our old lawn mower and mow the road. No rest for him. It's a one man operation so I won't feel too guilty.

I did go over and visit with my sister, my nephew and his fiance for a bit. My folks joined us for a bit. We discussed plans for next weekend.

Other then that? I ordered the bedding that we needed for our new mattress set. I ordered some books on the net from Walmart. I explored Overstock.com....that's where I got the bedding. And...I read one of my re-read books.

No more woodticks today. I found one more last night before I went to bed but it was a regular woodtick so even though it had started to snack on me, it was no big deal. There's a lot of woodticks in these woods. HTP even found one last night. I don't think #1 son has been visited as yet but....

Murphyism of the Day

Maier's Corollaries

1. The bigger the theory, the better.

2. The experiment may be considered a success if no more than 50% of the observed measurements must be discarded to obtain a correspondence with the theory.

No comments: